Tencent claims that the mobile version of the Unknown Battle Battleground Player Game (PUBG) has exceeded 100 million downloads, both on Android and iOS devices.
PUBG Mobile was launched on March 19 this year. Four months after its inaugural launch, the game has also exceeded 14 million active users daily, and that number does not include China, Japan and South Korea.
PUBG is often updated with new maps and game modes, such as the ‘Mission: Impossible’ crossover mode, which may have helped this game to stay popular.
“We want to express our gratitude for the commitment of our development team at Lightspeed and Quantum Studios and especially to thank loyal players around the world who continue to inspire us with their passion and dedication,” said Vincent Wang, Tencent’s Assistant General Manager, as reported by Engadget.
“We will continue to improve the quality of mobile games and strive to provide better content for our players by the end of this year,” Wang added.
More on Gaming:
- PUBG Mobile Lite for Low-end Android Phones (OBB & APK Download Link)
- Cheapest Phones for Playing PUBG Mobile (Below N70,000 Naira)
- Asus GL504-series ROG Strix Hero II and ROG Strix Scar II Gaming Laptops
- ASUS ROG Phone – A Gaming Smartphone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and Cooling System
- ASUS ROG Gaming Smartphone Gets a lot of Positive Responses