Check out the best & cheapest data plans in Nigeria for August 2017 | Airtel, Glo, MTN, 9Mobile (Etisalat), Ntel etc | best data plans for Android, best data plans for download, best data plans for Windows, best data plans for PC, best data plans for iOS, best data plans for streaming, best data plans for MiFi & Modems.
Today is the 1st of August 2017… Happy new month to all my humble Naijaknowhow.com.ng readers! If you’re reading this post, then congrats…
If you’re reading this post, then congrats…You made into another new month.
Here is a quick run through of what happened last year (January to December 2016);
- In January 2016, we blazed SS, Open VPN, Psiphon and Tweakware unlimited free browsing with MTN N70 BIS.
- In February 2016, we had MTN 300MB Musicplus+ cheat.
- March 2016, remember MTN Magic Sim (MMS)? Best month of the year for all FBT lovers!!!
- In April 2016, Psiphon, Open VPN, Simple server (Netloop) free browsing cheat with MTN BIS was discontinued! Still, in April, don’t forget the loophole @MTN that gave us unlimited credit and cash. I got about 7.5GB absolutely free.
- Late May 2016, Etisalat came up with free 4GB data when you dial a certain *8186*1#.
- Also in May 2016, cheat lovers will never forget the name “Iykomo”, don’t ask me what happened if you don’t know…All I know is, IYKOMO is a jerk!
- Sometimes in June, June 2016, it was all about ntel 4G LTE.
- July and August 2016, was more about other networks following the footsteps of ntel in providing 4G service. Glo, MTN and Etisalat joined the trend.
- August/October 2016, we enjoyed free browsing on Glo with Tweakware Psiphon and other VPN.
- In November 2016, NCC mandated network providers to increase data plans starting from 1st December 2016. The good news was, we had Etisalat 60MB/daily cheat (XP Psiphon) and unlimited Glo tweak to console us.
- Earlier in December 2016, the Senate intervened and stopped a mandatory data tariff increment by NCC.
- Late into December 2016, Etisalat and Glo discontinued BIS subscription on Blackberry OS 7. RIP to all BB phones. Towards the end of December, we enjoyed unlimited Airtel free browsing.
Those are the few things I could remember last year. If there are others you think I skipped, don’t hesitate to share via the comment section below.
Let’s quickly head back to today’s post:
Last year brought both good and bad tidings. Hopefully, in 2017, data tariff plans should be reasonably reduced despite the imminent increase in data tariff price we read in December 2016.
As usual, we compile a list of the best and cheapest data plans for July 2017 on all mobile network – Airtel, Glo, Etisalat (now 9Mobile), MTN, NTel etc).
But before you start,
…why not see the class of data user/consumer you belong to in Nigeria and learn how not to use too much data on your smartphone.
Are you done reading that?
Oya let’s begin, here are the cheapest data plans in Nigeria!
- Best & Cheapest Data Plans In Nigeria For August 2017 | Airtel, Glo, MTN, Etisalat (9Mobile), Ntel etc.
- Cheapest Airtel Data Plans
- 1. Airtel N1000 Data Plan
- 2. Airtel 6GB for N1500
- 3. Airtel 2G Plans
- 4. Airtel N25 Naira Night Plan
- 5. Airtel 4.5GB for ₦1000 & 2.25GB for ₦500
- 6. Airtel 150% Data Offer
- 7. Airtel 100% Data Bonus
- 8. Airtel Unlimited Data Plans
- 9. Unlimited Airtel Free Browsing
- How to check Airtel Data Balance
- How to Borrow Credit from Airtel
- Cheapest 9Mobile Data Plans
- 1. 9Mobile Social Plan
- 2. 9Mobile Daily, Weekly & Monthly Plans | 500MB,1GB & 1.5GB
- 3. 9Mobile Night & Weekend Plans
- 5. 9Mobile + Tweakware (Social Plan)
- How to check 9Mobile Data Balance
- How to Borrow Credit from 9Mobile
- Cheapest Glo Data Plans
- 1. Glo Daily, Weekly & Monthly Plans | 4G & 3G
- 2. Glo Night + Weekend Plan
- 3. Glo Free Unlimited Browsing
- How to check Glo Data Balance
- How to Borrow Credit or Data from Glo
- Cheapest MTN Data Plans
- 1. MTN Daily, Weekly & Monthly Plans | 4G & 3G
- 2. MTN 1GB for ₦500 for Pulse Users
- 3. MTN Night Plan
- 4. MTN + Tweakware
- How to check MTN Data Balance
- How to Borrow Credit or Data from MTN
- Cheapest NTel Data Plans
- 1. Daily, Weekly & Monthly Plans
- Other Cheap Data Plans In Nigeria:
- 1. Express WiFi Data
- 2. Smile 4G LTE
- 3. Flobyt Free WiFi
Best & Cheapest Data Plans In Nigeria For August 2017 | Airtel, Glo, MTN, Etisalat (9Mobile), Ntel etc.
1Cheapest Airtel Data Plans
Here are all Airtel cheapest data plans for July 2017, these plans have been listed accordingly. Check them out and let’s know what you think about them.
1. Airtel N1000 Data Plan
This is currently the cheapest data plan on Airtel and in Nigeria.
It allows you to enjoy 3GB worth of data for N1000 naira. All this plan requires is a little tweaking and works basically on MTK Android device.
This is originally a Blackberry plan, so for it to work on Android;
…you’ll need to change your Android IMEI to a BB10 IMEI.
If you own phones such as Tecno, Infinix, Innjoo and other MediaTek processor device, this plan works best for you! Click to see more details here.
2. Airtel 6GB for N1500
6GB for N1500!!! Massive, isn’t it?
You should be wondering…
…why isn’t this the cheapest data Airtel has ever offered?
Well, I called the plan above the cheapest even when this offer even larger data size than the number one (1).
Long story short,
I’ve previously explained why this plan isn’t the cheapest Airtel Data Plan (click here to see my review)
According to my analysis, you would agree that this plan isn’t what Airtel claimed it is.
Perhaps, you will notice that the 3GB for N1000 data plan won’t work for non-MTK Android phones.
Those non-MTK android users (Samsung, Xiomi, Motorola, LG and co) that can’t use the Airtel BB10 3GB plan above, you can simply opt in for this plan. Works well on all device (PC, Android, Windows, Mifi etc)… Click to see more details here.
3. Airtel 2G Plans
Slow but cheap, that’s what I call this because you get 2GB for N200 & 6GB for N500.
Now that we’ve got a long list of networks providing cheap 4G plans, I can’t categorically tell you how long this plan would survive, but it looks pretty short.
However, Airtel has provided a slow but cheap data plans that work only on 2G network.
What this means is:
…you can’t use this plan when you switch network to 3G or 4G. Click here for more details.
4. Airtel N25 Naira Night Plan
This is a perfect plan to relieve the pressure on your regular plan.
This night plan is suitable for anyone using SmartTRYBE prepaid tariff plan on Airtel.
You can get 500MB for N25, isn’t that the definition of cheap data plan?
Also, you can get 1.5GB for N200 on the same package. Works well on all device. Click here to get started.
5. Airtel 4.5GB for ₦1000 & 2.25GB for ₦500
Is this actually REAL?
Well, I’m not sure…
Sometimes in February 2017, I got a message from Airtel about a particularly limited time offer and this message body contained the above title.
The questions now are…
Is this working or just a plot to make us subscribe? Continue reading about this data plan here.
6. Airtel 150% Data Offer
Airtel introduced 150% data bonus and it seems to work on some selected SIM.
If you got the message, then you’re lucky. Don’t doubt because, with N500, you can get a whopping 1.8GB to last you for 2 weeks.
To get started, use the activation code below;
- Activation code: Dial *418*2# to activate.
If your Airtel line isn’t eligible, try using the Airtel 100% Data bonus plan below. Dial the activation code without airtime on your line to know if you’re eligible.
7. Airtel 100% Data Bonus
The Airtel Double data offer gives you 400MB for N200, 1.5GB for N500, 3GB for N1000, 7GB for N2000.
You get free extra 200MB when you activate 200MB for N200, extra 750GB when you activate 750GB for N500, extra 1.5GB when you activate 1.5GB for N1000, extra 3.5GB when you activate 3.5GB for N2000.
It’s that simple but it looks like Airtel now select people who are eligible for certain offers. The annoying thing is, I’m always not eligible for these kinds of an offer, don’t know why though.
Anyway, that’s basically how this one work. Also, the data bonus offer is valid for 6 months.
To get started, use the activation code below;
Activation code: Dial *144# to activate.
8. Airtel Unlimited Data Plans
This one was newly introduced in July 2017 and was unveiled in a coveted manner.
If you’re looking to enjoy what Airtel purportedly claim to be an unlimited data plan, then this plan is for you.
Is this plan truly unlimited?
The answer is no!
I asked Airtel customer care representative about this new plan but there weren’t giving me the answer I wanted.
They told me to drop my phone number in a facebook comment section that they would call. Well, I will cover the whole story later!
This plan comprises of 3 major packages:
Airtel Unlimited 10, 15 and 20!
Just like the bundles were offered.. the prices are N10,000, N15,000 and N20,000 respectively.
If you have a stable and fast Airtel network, simply click here to learn more.
9. Unlimited Airtel Free Browsing Towards the tail end of December, people have been surfing the web for free using Psiphon with Airtel. With this cheat, you can download as long and much as you want. Click here to get started. (Stopped working in February 2017)
How to check Airtel Data Balance
Contained here is a code to check your Airtel data balance if you want to keep track of your remaining Airtel data bundle.
- Dial *140# to check Airtel data balance
That’s all the cheapest Airtel data bundles for the month of July 2017 you should know for now!
How to Borrow Credit from Airtel
If you don’t have airtime on your mobile phone for subscription at the moment, don’t worry, Airtel will lend you credit to pay back later when your recharge (Click here to learn how to borrow credit from Airtel)
However, before you leave, you can check a comprehensive list of the cheapest Airtel data plans in Nigeria in 2017 or navigate to the next cheap internet plans on Etisalat.