Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 is the latest and sleekest smartphone from the coffers of notable Chinese OEM, Xiaomi. Presenting itself as the company’s last flagship of the year, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 delivers features that would make a chic’s head turn.
For the first time on a Xiaomi smartphone, a slider is making an appearance. The slider is hidden behind the touchscreen, and it bears the smartphone’s dual front camera. Even more, the Mi Mix 3 boasts of a 5G vers
You know the drill, right? Let’s dig deeper!
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Quick Review
Can you recall this article’s caption that read: Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 arrives with hidden cameras and 10GB RAM? I’m sure you have a robust retentive memory. Now notice I emboldened the hidden cameras; that’s because it seems absurd. But trust me, it’s not.
The magnetic sliders which we talked about earlier are what hides the front-facing shooters. The mechanism of the slider comprises a single push down of the screen followed by magnetic forces of attraction raising the slider.
Xiaomi promised 300,000 cycles expectancy of the magnetic slider. So, you have limited worries about the lifespan of the neodymium-based magnetic slider.
Speaking about the front-facing shooters present on the phone, it’s made up of a 24MP primary sensor and a 2MP depth camera. These AI-supported cameras can capture the highly rated portrait images.
Before I talk about the rear cameras, I’ll get you filled in about the smartphone’s display that sports 93.4% screen-to-body ratio. This display’s panel is the Samsung-produced AMOLED screen of 6.4 inches working with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels.
Back to the camera unit, dual 12MP + 12MP cameras are at the rear for in-depth photography actions. They are supported with a LED flash to brighten images captured at night.
No 3.5mm audio jack, memory card slot or radio makes it out with the smartphone. However, the memory options the phone has doesn’t make the memory card slot absence worth worrying about.
There are three ROM variants including 128GB, 256GB and 512GB. In like manner, there are triple RAM versions – 6GB, 8GB and 10GB. A 5G iteration of the phone is also on the books, but it will only see the light of the day during the first quarter of 2019.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Key Specs
Here are the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 key specifications…
|Display||6.4-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels|
|OS||Android 9.0 Pie (MIUI 10)|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.8GHz Kryo Processor|
|Storage||128/256/512GB ROM + 6/8/10GB RAM|
|Camera||Dual 12MP + 12 MP rear camera (Dual-LED flash) + 24MP + 2MP front camera|
|Price||N200,000 – N250,000|
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Photos
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Availability and Price
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 launched in October 2018; you can order from any of the online shopping markets using the links shared below. The Mi Mix 3 retails at $600 (₦200,000 to ₦250,000 in Nigeria). (CLICK TO BUY MI MIX 3).
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie (MIUI 10)
- Processor: Octa-core 4 x 2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4 x 1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver (Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB / 10GB RAM
- Colours: Jade Green, Sapphire Blue, Onyx Black, Forbidden City Blue
- Dimension: 157.9 x 74.7 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 218g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 X 2340 pixels (403 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP + 12MP camera, 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 1080p@960fps Video
- Rear Camera Features: Night Mode, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 24MP + 2MP camera, 1080p Video@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 27(800), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 1.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: XviD/MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: No
- NFC: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3, 200mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Quick Charge 4+
- Wireless Charging: Yes, 10W Wireless Charging
Where to buy Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE MI MIX 3 in Nigeria.
More on Xiaomi Phones: