How do you intend to flash a custom ROM without possibly knowing how to flash custom recovery in Android phone. My answer is a big NO! Its not going to happen without the later. This article will provide you with comprehensive solutions (3 ways) on how to install or flash custom recovery to your phone.
Before any tweaking can be performed on any android device one must have installed a custom recovery. In Android devices such as Motorola, Samsung, TECNO , Infinix, Injoo, Huawei and lots more Custom recovery will help user install zip (ROMs), apply update from ADB/Cache, backup and restore userdata etc.
HERE IS HOW TO FLASH ANY RECOVERY IN ANDROID PHONE
This methods basically works for custom recoveries such as CWM and TWRP. It only requires you to download the perfect recovery meant for your device build and model.
Here are the things you must have done before flashing a custom recovery to your Android.
1. Make sure you have rooted your Android smart device. (SU must have been installed). Read this if you’re new to rooting.
2. Download and save Recovery image on SD card. File extensions usually ends eith “.img”
3. Follow instructions.
4. Perform a Nandroid backup of your phone. It automatically backup your device’s ROM and Recoveries (Optional but necessary should in case you experience complications)
Also read: How to Get Data for Free Browsing through IMEI Changing
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY USING MOBILE UNCLE TOOLS APP
The popular Mobile Uncle tools perform varieties of function, ranging from IMEI changing, boosting volume, backing up IMEI and now flashing customs recovery file.
1. Download and install Mobile Uncle Tool on your phone
2. Open and grant SU authorization when requested. If SuperUser isn’t installed click here to root device.
3. Navigate to recovery update, locate and select the recovery image file from which you renamed as “recovery.img”
4. Select OK to begin the installation.
5. As soon as installation is complete, you will be requested to boot into recovery, simply tap to boot your phone Into Recovery Mode.
6. If device booted successfully then you are done installing a custom recovery to your phone.
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY USING RASHR FLASH TOOL
This is another app that is also used to flash in custom recoveries, this app was specially built to help you to flash already downloaded images stored on your SD card, it also help your system perform a full reboot or reboot to recovery and can be used for a backup too (data, system, recovery etc)
1. Download and install Rashr Flash Tool app on your android phone via Google play store.
2. Open and grant SU authorization when requested.
3. Select Recovery from storage option.
4. Your SD card will be loaded, immediately select the recovery image that you previously renamed or saved on SD.
5. Confirm by tapping YES prompt on the screen to continue the installation.
6. After waiting a few seconds then tap Reboot to Recovery
7. Your phone should boot in recovery mode, if successful then you have Succeeded in flashing a custom recovery into your Android phone.
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY USING SP FLASH TOOLS ON PC
This method is more complicated and should be discuss in another article, those two above should help. (Watch out for this step)