MTN night data plan is certainly one of the cheapest ways to stay connected on the MTN network, it gives you a whopping 500MB for N25 Naira even though you have to stay up all night to make use of this internet bundle.
There is nothing more golden than a data plan that is under deep surveillance to know when to renew your bundle or what it exhaust. The whole point of this is to help those looking for how to check MTN Night data balance easily.
Unfortunately, just like Airtel night browsing there is no USSD code for checking your remaining data balance on the MTN Pulse night plan. Even the almighty *559# or *559*4# won’t show your MTN night data (MB) balance.
Nevertheless, MTN should send you messages at intervals as you slowly use the night plan.
But, if you still insist on keeping track your data usage…then, here is a trick I normally use!
Check MTN Night Data Balance (Steps)
- Go to phone settings on Android device.
- Select Network & Internet >> data usage then select Mobile Data Usage under MTN NG
- Under Mobile data usage, you need to do is; Select billing cycle and choose a date. For example, let’s say I activated the plan on the 24th, I will select 24 as seen in the image below.
- Make sure you turn on the “set data warning” switch >> select data warning then set data size. Since I activate the 500MB for 25 Naira plan, I will simply set it to 500MB. NOTE: 500MB MTN Night plan ≅ 512MB
- Finally, turn on the data limit and set a data limit. This one allows you to not exceed a certain allotted data size. Let’s say you chose 512MB, your phone will turn off data once it reaches the limit of 512MB you’ve set. That way, you quickly know that you’ve used 512MB out of 512MB.
- That’s it… Hope it helped?
How to Cancel MTN Night Plan Auto-renewal
You can also check out how to deactivate or cancel MTN Night data plan on your phone. Here is an article I wrote about that.
I hope am clear, if you experienced any issues setting up the MTN Night plan, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below, I’d be glad to help out. All the best!