This post contains how to configure Airtel 3GB Blackberry Complete Plan on Android, Airtel 3GB Plan on TECNO, Airtel 3GB Plan on Infinix, Airtel 3GB Plan on Innjoo etc
UPDATE (15/FEBRUARY/2018): THIS PLAN HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY AIRTEL (CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT OTHER AIRTEL DATA PLANS YOU CAN USE)!
Airtel has joined the race when it comes to cheap data plans in Nigeria, Airtel has just recently welcomed a 3gb Data Plan For N1000 (1k) and I’m sure this will entice a lot of you out there that have waited for so long for it!
Airtel 3GB data duration will last for a month and is open to all users of MTK Android (TECNO, InnJoo, Infinix, Lenovo, Huawei etc), BlackBerry (OS 7 & 10), PC via Wi-Fi hotspot, iPhone via Wi-Fi hotspot, just name it. See detailed guide on how to user Airtel 3GB for N1000 on Android;
NOTE: There are certain complications that can stop this plan from working, so you should endeavour to read this before you proceed!!!
HOW TO CONFIGURE AIRTEL 3GB FOR N1000 ON ANDROID
Watch Tutorial Video
FOLLOW STEPS BELOW…
- Blackberry 10 IMEI
- MTK Engineering Tool
- Activation of the 1k Airtel BIS Plan
Step 1: Generate BB10 IMEI
- Tweak your MTK Android phone IMEI with the Blackberry 10 IMEI below;
- 356760051192*** (Randomly add any three digits to it.)
- Visit www.imei-number.com/imei-validation-check, and type input the above 12 digits IMEI Number, e.g 356760051192
- Add your preferred 3 digits to the already known 12 digits making 15 digits e.g 356760051192711, then click on Validate IMEI to validate the IMEI.
- If the random digit you choose is correct, it will display IMEI number is valid but if on a contrary, it will display IMEI number is not valid!
Step 2: Change Android IMEI
To change IMEI, view this guide. It contains simple detailed steps on how to go about it. (If you already know how to change IMEI, ignore guide, tweak and proceed to step 3)
Step 3: Activate Airtel 3GB For N1000 Plan
- Data Cost: N1000
- Subscribe Code: Dial *431#
- Validity/Duration: 30 Days
- To Check Your Balance: Dial *140#
Take Note: You will get a pop-up after dialing *431#, asking you to pick one of 3GB + Free Surf, 3GB + No PayG or 3GB + PayG. Follow the prompt and select 1, 2 or 3 for confirmation. # means next page, while * take you to previous page. Click here to know what all of these mean.
How To Get Airtel 4GB For N1000 Instead Of 3GB
If you own a new Airtel SIM or just bought a new SIM; then load recharge card like this to get 4GB instead of 3GB »
Step 4: Phone Settings
Navigate to settings » Mobile network » APN settings » Set APN to the APN below (Ignore all others settings) » Save » Activate settings
- APN: internet.ng.airtel.com
Note: Users of BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and other types of BlackBerry OS 7 g 10 phones can also use this plan; no need of IMEI tweaking. Just follow step 3, and that’s it!
HOW TO USE AIRTEL 3GB FOR N1000 BIS PLAN ON PC AND OTHER DEVICE
The only way to use this on other device is via Wi-Fi, USB or Bluetooth tethering.
- After following the required steps above,
- Proceed to settings » Mobile hotspot, then share hotspot with other devices. (Make sure your Wi-Fi password is well set to avoid dashing your data to unwanted people)
Glo 3GB for N1400 is quite displeasing in recent times, now should be the perfect time to abandon your Glo sim card. After all, it’s N1400 while this is only N1000 with the same data size and no data zapping case experienced from my side.
What do you think about this latest development from Airtel, does it overtakes Glo in terms of the cheapest subscription? Have a great day as this info is coming right on our Anniversary day!